10 romantic things to do on a honeymoon in the Maldives
Whether you are a truly romantic couple, someone who loves a fun-filled vacation, or just looking for a place that rejuvenates your mind, body and soul with its serene beauty, the Maldives is a mix of everything. And as a couple, you should not stop doing these ten romantic things on your honeymoon in the Maldives:
- Early morning walk on the beach: Wake up to a stunning sunrise on your Maldives honeymoon. Take a walk hand in hand or just sit on the white sand beach, enjoying the slight warmth of the sun and the water swaying from side to side.
- Dive Together – Dive into the ocean with your loved one and witness the stunning marine life, exploring the underwater beauty of the Maldives. You can also try snorkeling to discover a world of exotic and colorful fish and a rich variety of coral reefs. Two of the best places to dive are Tewa Stross and Ari Atoll.
- Escape to the underwater world – plan a date with your better half underwater with Ithaa Restaurant. It is an underwater glass restaurant that will leave you an unforgettable experience. And if you are a lover of European cuisine, this is a perfect place for you. Many people reserve it for private ceremonies and occasions like weddings, while for couples it can easily be converted into a romantic room surrounded by stunning aquatic life. In the morning, you can enjoy a delicious breakfast served with some champagne.
- Island hopping for an extraordinarily ordinary experience: lose yourself in the majestic beauty of this region by enjoying island hopping. It is the best way to take a tour of the country and its amazing resorts through the serene waters of the sea. You will be able to explore the local inhabited islands, learn about the daily life of the local people, the culture of Maldives and its flora and fauna. Island hopping is one of the main activities that you should not miss.
- Enjoy Couples Spa Treatments – Nothing feels better than enjoying a spa or massage with your partner. So when you are in the Maldives, don’t forget to be pampered with refreshing spa treatments as a couple and share some romantic moments on your honeymoon.
- Wine and dine under a starry sky – Toast to a new beginning with your soulmate under the sky full of glittering stars, experiencing the most romantic dinner on the beach. Since the Maldives is known for its diverse variety of cuisines, you can choose from a multitude of options for that very special occasion. Go to a themed restaurant or enjoy a candlelit dinner in a private setting in a secluded spot on the beach.
- Maldives Capital Tour: Take some time off from your resort and enjoy an excursion to Malé, the capital of the island of Maldives. Here, you will get an overview of Maldivian city life and culture. Stroll through the streets, visit the main market and dive into the artificial pool on the beach. There are also many attractions that you can include in your Malé tour, such as the Sultan Park, the President’s Palace, the National Museum, and the Friday Mosque.
- Creating magical moments with a glow-in-the-dark beach: Have you ever heard of a glow-in-the-dark beach? No, we are not kidding. On some parts of the beaches (mainly on the island of Mudhdhoo) in the Maldives, you will witness this magic and feel like you are living a dream. But there is a science behind it. There are certain organisms called ostracod crustaceans in the water that light up the beach at night, turning it into a starry sky. To take a look, you can choose to stay at properties like Dusit Thani, Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru, and Angsana Ihuru.
- Glowing Water Cruise: Your honeymoon is incomplete if you don’t have the cruise on your bucket list. If you want to experience the true taste of luxury in the Maldives, this is the place. Imagine cruising under the bright white moonlight, sipping some sparkling water, and heading deep into the heart of the Maldives.
- Strolling Underwater in Submarines – Add a little adventure to your Maldives honeymoon by exploring the intensity of the blue ocean through a submarine ride with your loved one. The best way to do this is to book a whale submarine off Malé from your resort that will take you deep into the waters where you will discover everything from shipwrecks to sharks.
5 essential tips for a Maldives honeymoon
As you plan a couple’s vacation to the Maldives islands, be sure to keep these Maldives honeymoon tips in mind:
The best time to visit is from November to April, which is considered the dry season.
Bring extra cash as you may have to pay a lot of taxes on food and drinks shipped and transported to the island.
Pack a good amount of sunscreen and sunglasses to protect your skin and eyes from the scorching heat.
Be sure to bring bug repellants because the weather sometimes gets humid, which can be a breeding ground for mosquitoes.
Always carry a camera with you to capture those special moments we spend together.