The best things to do in Ajax
Enjoy the splendor and attractions of Ajax
There are plenty of open spaces, parks, trails, and natural landscapes in Ajax. From elegant docks to entertainment areas, you’ll find plenty to do in Ajax. For shopping enthusiasts, Ajax offers great shopping destinations. Entertainment is diverse in Ajax too, from watching live horse races to entertainment shows at local theaters. Visit one of the many great restaurants in Ajax and you will have a full night to yourself!
What to do at Ajax?
Ajax offers a lot to residents and visitors. Some important things you can do while in Ajax are:
1) Ajax Waterfront: Ajax Waterfront is truly a sight to see. This beautiful place covers six miles of parkland along the shores of Lake Ontario. It is spectacular with bridges spanning sparkling streams and natural landscapes. Visitors to the boardwalk use the 7 km long trail for jogging, walking, biking, and other activities.
2) Greenwood Conservation Area: The area included approximately 283 hectares of green space within the Duffins Creek watershed. The hiking trails allow you to explore the forest or the steep river valley to your heart’s content. The cool, clear stream is a perfect home for rainbow trout and other species of fish.
3) Ajax Downs: For 40 years, Ajax Downs has been exclusively dedicated to the exciting sport of Quarter Horse racing. It is a beautiful place with slot facilities and a 6 furlong oval race track. It is one of the best places to capture the thrill of watching the fastest equine athletes in the world.
4) Hotels and Restaurants: From fast food to fine dining, Ajax offers something for everyone with its excellent hotels. There are nearly 100 restaurants and eating establishments in Ajax offering a wide variety of dining options. These include Casa Verde, Maraschino Café, and La Roya Banquet Hall.
5) Shopping centers: Whether you are looking for brand name stores or any unique boutique, Ajax has it all. The Durham Center is located on Highway 2 and includes some key stores such as Costco, Walmart, Home Depot, Danier Leather, and many more.
6) Golf courses: Ajax is home to five remarkable golf courses for golf fans, each with attractive surroundings and extensive facilities. These are:
• Carruthers Creek Golf and Country Club
• Annandale Golf and Curling Club
• Deer Creek Golf and Banquet Facilities
• Riverside Golf Course
• Monday’s Choice golf course
7) Theaters and Clubs: Ajax has state-of-the-art theaters and art clubs for entertainment. The St. Francis Center and Yuk Yuk’s Comedy Club are a great way for people to see art, culture, and experience full entertainment.