What kids really want for Christmas!
Okay ladies – listen to this! I’m here to tell you what men want for Christmas. It’s not cologne and it’s not a horrible tie. Please! They could be NFL playoff tickets, but we know the prices are through the roof. On the other hand, we boys want things that are useful and practical, something that we do not pretend that we like and that we do not hide in our closets, but things that we will use all the time. I made a list to make it easy for you, as I know how difficult it can be for us guys to communicate with our girls.
1. NFL Tickets !!! No wait! You can go to eBay and get “discounted” tickets to a mid-January meeting between the Giants and some other team for much less than you would pay through a neighborhood reseller. How many fans do you think will put up with ten degrees of cold in the Meadowlands on a January day to watch the Giants? Oh yeah, I forgot: a lot. Tickets are likely to be worth a thousand or two thousand a piece!
2. Hockey time. More realistic in price are NHL hockey tickets. Heck, the toothless guys were out of season last year and everyone is eager to see them play. With no strike on the horizon, chances are your guy can see a full set. All that bloodshed and head banging for a song! For the smiles, get her Stanley Cup tickets. There’s nothing better than watching a hockey game in June when it’s 93 degrees outside!
3. To the islands! No, not on Staten Island and certainly not on Long Island. A January or February trip to warmer weather will be reasonably priced and fun. Just don’t pick a location that was destroyed by one of the 23 tropical systems that hit the Caribbean, the Americas, and the Gulf Coast this year. It is unknown what amenities are in place! One rule: have the grandparents come to your house to take care of the child. Junior getting the flu is no reason not to go! [Blush!]
4. Get tools. Yes, if your man likes to play around the house, get him a chainsaw, electric drill, or whatever else he can use to fix that damn railing in the living room. [wink, wink] If you’re not sure what to get her, a gift certificate will do. Sound tacky? Well, it’s certainly better than a “thank you dear” when you open your gift and find a water pump inside.
5. Things for your truck. What a man really wants is something for his truck. No, let him get his own ammo and gun cage; I mean a cold air intake or a performance chip. Something that gives power to the old pickup! What am I saying? Get him something that he can actually wear that makes him smile. High-performance exhaust systems, Altezza lights, roof rails, side window vents, fog lights, truck liners, step rails, brake dust guards, Hitches, alloy wheels, a set of new tires, headlight covers, hood guards and engine pulley are some of the items that are sure to be in style this Christmas. He will be happy and think you know something about his truck. Hey, it’s you who wants me to talk to you, right?
I’m not sure yet? Then ask. Most likely, you already mentioned something he wants. If you’re short on cash, a set of new truck mats will do the trick, but let her choose the color.
Somehow, the Summer Rose car mats just don’t match the interior of your Silverado!